SVP, Lead Design Manager — Enterprise
You will inspire your team with your bold vision and clear and consistent direction. You will network to find rising stars, lead design reviews at the executive level, evangelise the importance of design and help us measure and quantify the value of design. At times, you may need to get your hands dirty and help the team push their project forward. Ultimately your remit is to leverage design to create experiences (i.e., tools, services) that DBS employees will value and love in order to empower them to do their best work.
Here's what your week might look like
- A lot of our managers choose to start the week with a team meeting, followed by one-on-ones during which you connect and check-in with your one-downs and other team members.
- Planning upcoming efforts, clearing roadblocks for your team and nurturing relationships within and beyond ongoing projects will be an important part of your day-to-day worklife. You will spend a lot of time meeting stakeholders spanning functions in business, product, technology and countries.
- You will help us create processes that really work, so we can move on to solving new challenges rather than re-solving existing problems.
- There is nothing more important than a clear, bold and consistent vision. You will hold alignment meetings, design reviews, brainstorming sessions and go for numerous coffees—all to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- We believe design can be the axis around which innovation happens. So we want you to help us drive a company-wide cultural change towards design-led innovation.
- You will also spend a good chunk of your time measuring and reporting on results, followed by championing UX enhancements based on data analysis. Our leadership team takes user experience very seriously. That means we don’t measure our work using only soft metrics (such as how well the user testing went), but also by its business impact (such as adoption, growth, revenue, retention and margins).
- Even with a team as large as ours (the larger UX team comprises 100+ people from 20 different countries), you will need to engage freelancers and agencies from time to time.
- We are proud of our team culture and employee retention, so making sure your team members have a clear career development path and are equipped do do their best work will be two of your key priorities.
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
Design Leadership & Excellence
- You have 10+ years of experience in Interaction Design / UX Design with at least 4 years’ experience working and leading a team (preferably in medium or large organisations).
- You have the ability to make trade-offs in an environment of sometimes conflicting objectives. For example, you are not afraid of standing up to push back on decisions if it will result in a bad experience for customers and employees.
- You have experience in digital methods, information architecture, interaction design, service design and Scrum/Agile management.
Executive Maturity & Stakeholder Mgmt
- You can talk confidently and clearly about design at various levels in the organisation and build lasting relationships with our stakeholders.
People Mgmt & Growth
- You are genuinely interested in human behaviour, care about each individual and know how to make your team function, so that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You have a clear vision for each product and project you work on—one profound idea. You don't let it get diluted, and you are able to communicate and execute it.
- You are passionate and curious about the cultural and socio-economic changes many tech, business companies are going through and the creative opportunities they present.
Motivation / Perseverance / Grit
- You persevere to see your long-term vision through. You don't give up at the first hurdle because sometimes change takes time. You identify and focus on the aspects that will make a difference / drive outcomes.
- You have experience working in Asia.
- You have experience running enterprise level projects.
- You are good at rapid prototyping and are comfortable with methodologies like whiteboard facilitation (visual note-taking, ideation, quick sketching & lo-fi wire framing).
Your Team and Career
The Enterprise design unit within group design looks at making employees' journeys joyful. This team will be working on improving internal tools at an enterprise level across service units.
This is a leadership role, based in Singapore. Depending on your experience, you will manage designers to deliver one of our high-priority projects or manage all UX projects within one of our larger business units.
You will report directly to the Chief Design Officer. This is a management level role in Group Design.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org