AVP, Service Designer — Enterprise
You will keep us on our toes. Remind us to look away from the comfort of our screens and back at the reality—where our customers live. You will keep asking, 'Why are we doing this again?'. And not be satisfied with the answer, 'If we build it, they will come.'
Here's what your week might look like
- Not everything has to be tested. You will identify when research is required and when best practices are the way to go. And you will help us communicate that to our stakeholders.
- You will do the groundwork: qualitative and quantitative research. We've done some interesting stuff: diary study (we got people to log all their payments and write about each), Ethnography (observe how small merchants are coping with digital payments) and others. In short, we love to experiment and hope you will join in.
- Once you've done the research, you'll create sharp and concise reports full of actionable findings. Your reports will be things of beauty that will inspire your colleagues to truly start seeing through the eyes of our customers.
- UX is a pretty established discipline here at DBS (thanks to one person especially), but we can always use help to evangelise the importance of good UX Research, and how, just because it has the word 'research' in it, it doesn't take months!
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You have 5 - 8 years of relevant experience.
- You have experience leading end-to-end service design projects and initiatives.
- You're a great communicator and storyteller.
- You're an eloquent public speaker and an excellent facilitator.
- You're an expert at making sense of complex information and solving wicked problems through logical and structured thinking.
- You're a strategic thinker focused on outcomes over activities.
- You're an empathic human being and a fantastic collaborator that's able to influence and motivate others around you.
- You have a UX research / design background./li>
- You have experience in the fintech industry.
- You have experience with training and educating low-maturity stakeholders or clients about design thinking / service design / UX design.
Your team and career
You will belong to two families: the UX Design team and the Research & Insights team. You will report to a research manager, and work very closely with people from Research & Design.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at email@example.com