What you'll be doing
You'll spend most of your time trying to simplify very complex products and ideas. It may be an uphill battle, but it's worth it. If you succeed, your designs will be experienced by millions and solve real-life problems. We say that, if you can work in a bank, you can work anywhere. Don't worry, we're a nice bunch of people. Around here, we go out of our way to help one another.
Here's what your week might look like
- You will work closely with Team Lead to design and grow small team of designers working various projects under digital channels across different platform and markets. DIGITAL team taking care of several digital channels that consist of digibank, internet banking, public website, help & support, intelligent banking and few other projects.
- You'll spend time with our wonderful research team. Together you'll try to understand the business goals of your project and, more often than not, meet the stakeholders to redefine the problem statement.
- We want to hire people who have opinions, believe in their ideas and are willing to fight for them. But we also want people who can recognise when a better argument or solution is put before them. All of us participate in user testing, and so will you.
- Like we said, producing good work is not good enough if it doesn't get built. We love you, Dribble/Behance. It's not you, it's us. You will meet stakeholders from different departments and articulate your ideas so clearly that you'll become an honorary Toastmaster.
- To prepare for those meetings you'll need to check the latest relevant data.
- Before you know it, it will be Friday and time for team dinner, drinks or Creative Day (we do something fun and creative together once a month).
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You have 5-8+ years of experience in UI / UX Design. You are experienced in designing product across different platforms and care on creating holistic experience. You think in ecosystems and not just in products or features.
- You are thoughtful in your design. You can take broad and ambiguous problems and turn into delightful solution. You will spend time to understand define the problem before jumping into figma to start designing.
- You are a team player and great at collaborating. You are comfortable to brainstorm and work with other designer(s).
- You are a master of your craft. You pay attention to details and know when to zoom in and zoom out.
- You have the ability to prioritise (you don't focus on illustrations if the UX looks like a love child between Frankenstein and Krusty the Clown).
- You have confidence in your ideas and able to bring stakeholders and convince your idea clearly.
- You follow through-when built, your designs actually look and work like they should. You monitor products after launch and are ready to suggest improvements.
- You have enough curiosity to stay savvy about industry and UX trends.
- You have worked in the fintech industry, banking or similar sector.
- You actively contribute to the UX community.
- You're kind of a behavioural science geek.
- You have personal pet projects you work on for fun in your free time.
Your team and career
- You lead by example. You won't be expected to trade people management for your craft.
- You will mentor and grow designer(s). We are small nimble team; your mentorship & leadership will have a big impact to the team.
- Our team working closely together to enhance overall digital channels and making big impacts for our users and our design team.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia. We are headquartered in Singapore, with a growing presence in Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
We were named the Best Bank in the World by Global Finance in August 2018—the first Singapore and Asian bank to receive this honour.
We want our customers to Live more, Bank less and we want to make banking invisible. Every day, there’s a lot more to explore, experience and enjoy—and a lot less time to do it in. That’s why we’ve created banking that’s fast, natural, effortless. Banking that’s with you wherever life takes you, instead of taking you away from life. So you can enjoy a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at email@example.com