What you'll be doing
Your goal will be to create amazing content for our web and mobile apps. What do we mean by amazing? It's content that helps our users achieve the task at hand faster. If your content is good, it will become invisible. It will be so clear, succinct and helpful that our users will forget they're reading and simply focus on what they have to do.
Here's what your week might look like
- You'll spend time with product designers, researchers and business owners to understand the goals of a new feature or the re-design of an old one.
- You'll do some competitive research online.
- You'll analyse data and make data-driven content decisions.
- You'll open Figma, go through the design flow and create your first draft.
- You'll also jot down a bunch of questions and ideas.
- Then come the emails and meetings. You'll need to keep up with and summarise the feedback from various stakeholders and follow up to make sure you get the answers you need.
- To make sure your content sees the light of day, you'll need to do some grunt work—updating Figma files and content management systems, participating in demos and checking staging apps.
- Don't like grunt work? Good, neither do we, so we're constantly trying to improve our processes to make sure we have less of it to do. You'll be welcome to contribute!
- This role is regional, so you'll get to work with fantastic people from all over the region. The content you'll create will need to be internationalised and localised. Sometimes, you'll need to make changes to the source content to ensure it makes sense for another country.
- To summarise, you'll own the customer journey from a copy perspective and make sure there are no gaps in UX across all channels and touchpoints linked to the products.
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have
- You've been writing professionally for 3+ years.
- You have some content design experience.
- You have collaborated with developers and product managers.
- You have collaborated with tech teams: developers, testers, scrum masters, etc.
- You can speak and write Mandarin.
- You have your own blog or website.
Your team and career
This role sits within the Design Standards team, and is based in Singapore. The Design Standards team creates our design language system and defines and steers the way we design digital services at DBS. The team covers eight countries, Consumer and Corporate banking, and Middle Office Management group (internal tools).
You will report to a senior content designer. This is a senior associate or assistant vice president level role. As your career with us progresses, you will become the lead writer for some of our key projects, contribute to product improvements and help us create more efficient processes. Content design is a new discipline at DBS, and you will have a lot of opportunities to define the role content designers play in the design process.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia. We are headquartered in Singapore, with a growing presence in Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
We were named the Best Bank in the World by Global Finance in August 2018—the first Singapore and Asian bank to receive this honour.
We want our customers to Live more, Bank less and we want to make banking invisible. Every day, there’s a lot more to explore, experience and enjoy—and a lot less time to do it in. That’s why we’ve created banking that’s fast, natural, effortless. Banking that’s with you wherever life takes you, instead of taking you away from life. So you can enjoy a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org